Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Friday, September 17, 2010

EGG-CITING EVENING!

HURRAH! Had lovely evening with the two Terry's who came to my house for a night of Pizza and a movie. The movie was Temple Grandin, an HBO movie I got on Netflix and invited the Terry's to view with me.

You see, ages ago Terry1 loaned me one of Temple Grandin's books, which I devoured and enjoyed immensely. The book is on animal behavoior & Temple's unique insight into it by means of her Autism. Through Temple's book, I learned people - like my little Nephew Marion - live in a world of sensory overload, which might just give them a unique perspective on life. Interesting stuff I tell you! Anyway, the movie just came out on DVD and I couldn't wait to share it with the Terrys. The movie was amazing. In the book Temple made her work with cattle and such seem like it was a cake-walk, but the movie showed she really had to 'pay her dues' being a woman scientist in a male-chavenist-cowboy-pricks world. You have got to see the movie, it's not only entertaining, but it's awe inspiring and full of insight into original genius & Autism.

Now, as the Terry's visit occured in the evening so of course, dinner was in order. I served up the 'Lazy Hostess's' standard: do your own mini-pizza. All I had to do was provide mini-pizza crusts & sause, along with a variety of toppings, including cheeses, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms & such. Worked out great, each of us making and devouring our own mini-pizza. There was casava melon for dessert but we were actually all too full so for once, we skipped dessert - I can assure you that was a first for 'moi'.

Din-din is served!

But there is more news! I celebrated a birthday last week, and the Terrys brought me a terrific & unique present I just adore! A bitchn' cool hat! Here I am, in a rare blog appearance, showing off my new topper, including its bank of five lazer lights.

Oh-so-happy-me

Terry2 makes slight adjustment to lazer bank

Here are the Terry's styling their EggHunter hats below. Thank you Terrys!

Say CHEESE-Y pizza!

Terry2 found some neat chef sort of hats, and then branded them - through use of self designed, iron-on labeling with the never-before-seen-on-a-clever-hat title: EGGHUNTERS. Is that bitchn' cool or WHAT? And she put a little deck of 5 lazer lights on each hat brim so the hats double as headlights!

I was bowled over! Terry2 is a designer after my own heart. She not only made the designer hats, but she even did something I LOVE to do when making presents - she made a descriptive packaging sheet. Too cool! Here's a sample of the sheet...
  • Should an emergency situtation occur, simply click to blink your rescuers to your exact location. Have fun. Be safe. And wear your EggHunter tactical gear proudly!
And how could I not? The lights can burn steady or blink for emergencies. Too flippin' cool and the best B-day present I've had in ages, and I was spoiled this year on the birthday front - getting loads of cards from loving friends/relatives I hardly even deserve. No really! I am unworthy!


The evening began with a celebration of our nifty new hats and then we trooped into the back yard to visit the hens (the girls). The hat boldly lit our way and I can see I am going to get a lot of useful service from my new hat, lighting my way as I put the girls to bed, and hunt out their eggs on dark winter nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment