Featured Post

Dubrovnik and a Bit of Bosnia

Mostar, across the Neretva River Enjoyed a hearty breakfast this morning while listening to Lulu belting out 'To Sir with Love' ...

Saturday, March 29, 2008

April Fool's Day Comes Early

Yesterday was pay day, so my brain set today as 'April 1st'. So, I got up, got dressed and went out to buy my annual Park Pass for the American River. Only after I bought it, I realized it is only March 29th. 'DUH'

The above only makes a difference because if I'd waited until Monday, the pass would be good for 13 months, not 12. Anywhoo, I decided I needed to get March Madness out fo my system, so I drove straight to Rossmoor Bar on the American River. There I found a half dozen Wild Tom Turkeys, tails fanned, bodies poofed up, parading around. Of course there was one - yes, only one - sweet young thang, Wild Turkey Hen, unfazed by the boys - ignoring them. *tee hee*

The birdies that made up for my missing a month on my pass was a beautiful pair of Phanopeplas. And Elegant birds they were; the male a shiny blue-black with a perky crest and ember-red eyes. I have got to get back to the park tomorrow and try for some photos.


Phaenopepla - photo by Peter LaTourrette

No comments:

Post a Comment