Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Friday, November 17, 2017

Bye Bye Chicago

After a leisurely start this morning, we drove on out, headed out, but first we had to get a few last looks at Chicago. I thought I'd add photos here from the past couple of days, just day or night pix from Chicago.

Just a mare and her foal, on top of a house.

Nice mural seen as we drove by...

Impressive monument near the Field Museum
The Planetarium
Didn't visit the aquarium but loved its Octopus
Hey, I drove past the Joffrey Ballet! Didn't attend, but I was there - sort of...
Beautiful downtown Chicago movie theater
They've got elevated trains in Chicago, just like NYC
OK, now I was miffed that I couldn't stay to see Potted Potter
William was slightly reluctant to tell me he'd been on line and discovered an occult-ish, alchemy-ish, wiccan sort of Bookstore, would I mind if we stopped by there? Aw... HELL no I would not mind, I LOVE to visit such shops!  We found the shop and probably spent a good hour or more, chatting with the shop's cool African-American owner, asking a thousand questions. While we were there I was interviewed by a young woman representing a local newspaper. She was accompanied by a photographer, to interview patrons of the shop. I had no great wisdom to impart to the world in general, but I did have bucks to lay down post interview for some goodies.







I purchased a pair of rings I fell stupid in love with. The top ring is a chakra ring, and the bottom is just beautiful with citrine quartz & either green tourmaline or peridot, I already forgot which.   The precious-ez...




William, lost his heart to a pair of one hundred year old tomes, written by Budge E.A. Wallis - The decrees of Memphis and Canopus. It tells the story of the Rosetta Stone, which broke the code of Egyptian hieroglyphics.













My parting photo as we left Chicago was this beyond belief cool mural of my beloved Cheshire Cat.

Yes... we're all Mad here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment