Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Unfocused Chick Chatter

How quickly the bay-bays grow! All but one have already lost their egg tooths. They seem quite at home in their chickarium (large Rubbermaid tub). The tub does not give them the recommended 2 sq/ft per chick - it's a quarter that size. But, I bought two tubs, so at some point there will be two chickariums. Here they are in their current chick dorm.

Note the play ladder - so far one used it to prop herself as she napped

I've gingerly handled the chicks so far, taking them in hand only when they need a bum wash - again, don't even ask. My photography of them is fairly crappy thus far. I need to take them all out for a group portrait some time today. Here's one pigeon-toed chick looking daggers at me for taking her out of her warm dorm. Hum... need to break out the tripod to steady my shots.



2 comments:

  1. Hey Claire, With my last batch of chicks, I started handling them right away and held each for a short time (Maybe only 10 seconds) each day. One of them is very tame and expects to get picked up every time I open the chicken house door. One is moderately tame. The third was always more flighty and is still like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to be a name, not anonymous.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete