Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Monday, December 15, 2008

Bad Timing or Stroke of Genius?

Uh... the former. No doubt.
Old, Harvest Gold, Hippy fridge circa: 1970s

 When I moved into my house, I bought the fridge from the previous owner with thoughts of replacing it in a month or two. That was ages ago - the fridge was about 30-something years old back then. No lie. So how old is the fridge now? It's freezer contains a mammoth carcass. Tusks, hair, everything. No, really. So, after years of stalling, I've moved most of the kitchen into the living room and after washing down the kitchen walls, my kitchen overhaul is begun. December is a stupid month to do such a task, but I like to think it's a Christmas present from 'moi' to 'moi'. Earlier today a handyman moved the water supply line for the fridge and added a new electrical outlet so I can put the upcoming new fridge in a new spot. The handyman's fee was mammothly expensive. I won't be hiring any out-of-the-phone-book plumbers or electricians again any time soon. I wish I could work up the brains/courage to undertake such a job on my own, but cannot rid myself of an inner vision: me, found spread eagle on the counter top, wire in one hand and screwdriver in the other, as plumes of black smoke rise from my smoldering carcass.
Water outlet for upcoming new Fridge

Wider view; where the portable dishwasher used to stand
Ta Da! New Fridge, which through the magic of late posting & time shifting will be installed in January of 2009.
French doors, bottom freezer drawer and filtered water dispenser. Cool.
[Management regrets in the course of this post Ms. Miller made 2 references to 'carcasses' in one post. Management is appalled and commits to the promise, there shall be no more carcass references for this month at least.]

2 comments:

  1. i am bad, all that work you've had done and im interested in looking for all the bird magnets :(
    now you need an accent wall of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad, I was looking for the bird magnets too.

    ReplyDelete