Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Me and My home - in Shades of Green

Have the flu. Knew there had to be a reason I was so sleepy all week. Could barely keep my eyes open at work so of course there were meetings, meetings and more meetings. Came home Friday night and eventually realized I was shivering, even after I turned off the a/c, my skin was roasting and my head was aching. Yeah - like I said, the flu.

Today was rather nice anyway. I finally broke down and bought a new couch and a recliner chair. I haven’t had my living room look so… normal… in ages. The color scheme requires a good deal of work. Everything, the walls, the couch, the picture over the couch are in shades of green; looks like everything is covered in moss; will have to improve things by getting a new rug, a picture over the couch, and throw pillows that will bring out other colors – mauves, burgundys and the like. But all that will have to wait for another time.

Spiffy Couch - mine is greener and has the two throw pillows embossed with leaves.

The couch and recliner were delivered this morning. Had to shower and dress up so delivery men would not run for their lives when I opened the door. So anyway, for today all I have done is lounge on my pretty new furniture and ache. Oh, how I ache.

Recliner - soon to be molded to the exact dimensions of my butt