Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Grand Canyon: New and Again

South Rim Vista
Today held the fun of William's first view of the Grand Canyon, while for me it is a 2nd visit with a caveat. The caveat being that I visited was at the canyon in 2014 but on returning home my san disk card was MIA so no photos of that inspirational visit. So today was a photo opt free-for-all and even if I lose my photo card, chances are William isn't an absent minded klutz like his aunt.

Now - how about that scenery, eh?




We visited several rim scenic views which were each equally charming & rugged.



I birded as we toured, and I think that deserves a posting of its own. We stopped by my favorite bit of most parks, the visitor center. 

Grand as the Canyon, Visitor Center

Being a huge park, there are diverse Passbook stamps to collect - and I've got about half of them - yeah. I know. There's no prize for accumulating any of the things.
Stamps - th gold at the end of the park rainbow
Our last stop was the grand 'desert view'  tower. The Watchtower is famous for having been built for the sake of being built and for not actually existing for any reason other than for existing and looking cool. Works for me.
The Watchtower that has a sweeping 'desert view'

Visitors can hike up to the top, which, of course, I did not
The desert view
We spent part of the afternoon driving from one colorful scenic view to the next.


This shot of the Colorado River (?) was far off in the distance 

 Everywhere we went, ravens could be seen playing in the thermals, like mini-thunderbirds.
The Ravens flew everywhere
I spent a lot of my afternoon watching and photographing birds. And how about those birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment