Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

That Which is Lost, is Found Again!

Nothing like a cause for minor celebration. Once upon a time, long ago (2005), far away (Marsh adjacent to San Francisco International Airport), Don took me to a little marsh where we went through the usual routine:

Don: Let's walk the trail and see what's here.

Claire: WAH! I don't want to walk!

Don marched off. Whining, I followed. As we walked I began to have fun and wonder why we hadn't gone walking sooner. Like I said, the usual routine.

The marsh was at low tide and lo! A California Clapper Rail waltzed out of the reeds. It was quite far away, but I took photos which, were ghastly as usual, but were better than a sharp stick in the eye.

I lost the photos. I thought I lost them when my computer was stolen ages ago. Today, while piddling around with my computer, I discovered I have not lost all of my Clapper Rail photos! Mind, I think the original set of photos numbered around 2 or 3 b'jillion, but at least I have retained these two photos below. Rejoices! The Clap is back! That didn't come out right, did it?

Tada! California Clapper Rail


Photos found - me so happy!


As I recall the rails were NOISY the day we were there

No comments:

Post a Comment