Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Friday, October 29, 2010

Time for SPOOKY SHITE - 2010


Spooky Pumpkin at Whole Foods Store, Baltimore MD

Hurrah, it's the time of year to look back and reflect on all the spooky, weird & unexplained stuff of the past year.

Last Spring, a friend of mine came to spend a weekend at my place. The morning after her first night at my house, she told me, she woke during the night. She was of course, in my guest room. She told me, she could hear voices coming from the living room and the hall outside her closed bedroom door. She said she had trouble at first deciding if she was hearing the television, or live people talking - perhaps some of my neighbors had come by the house. She couldn't quite make out what the voices were saying but she could hear laughing and a lively conversation. She said she could hear someone, she assumed was me going up and down the hallway, and then she heard someone running in the hallway.

I explained I had gone to bed and was out cold till morning; there was no TV watching, nor, for once, had I gotten up even once during the night to hit the bathroom.

My friend thought I was pulling her leg and was insistent she heard several different people talking in the living room, me walking in the hallway.

Later that day I got out the white sage and smudged the crap out of my house and my garage. The purpose of the smudging was to let whatever uninvited dead types that were laughing in my house and treading in the hallway know they needed to get the hell out of my home, because it is MY house, not theirs. That night, my friend was also awake for a while, but this time the house was dead quiet – as it should be.


So by now you’ve concluded that I am nuts, and so is my friend, or you’ve had spooky shite happen to you and/or family/friends, so you know what I’m talking about. In my experience the only ones who know there are ghosts out there are the ones that have to put up with them or who have well trusted people in their lives who have dealt with them. Anyone who hasn’t dealt with such things are bound & practically required by law to remain stubbornly insistent that ghosts and such are just figments of one’s imagination. That spooky stuff must ALWAYS be explained away by heavy draughts, rats in the attic or dreams that are mistaken for as being supernatural.

That’s fine by me. As a matter of fact, I wish I were still in the same state of disbelief. Unfortunately, after loads of things happening to me & or family, friends, I have had to give up all pretenses and face up to reality, even if that reality is supernatural. Happily for 'moi' nothing very bad has happened, just weird stuff. May I spend the remainder of my life with nothing worse to pass along than the odd weird tale. Tomorrow – more spooky shite.

Oooh, I have a special Halloween event I will post on Monday November 1st. What is the event? I bet you're just dying to know - Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment