Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Saturday, May 16, 2009

BUUUUZZZZZZZZZZ

I was out in the garden, watering the plants and listening to what I thought - don't ask me why - was water running in the background. I ignored the persistent sound at first, then it occurred to me that having had a leaky pipe some weeks ago, maybe part of my house or yard was floating away, and me out there ignoring it. So... I turned around and there it was, the big old Hawthorn tree, only now...

Completely covered over with white blossoms and
the loud thrum, thrum, thrumming of honey bees

When the blossoms are up, there is work to be done

I have no clue what the lady bug was after... smaller bugs inside the white flowers perhaps

The entire tree was alive with hundreds and hundreds of insects; honey bees, bumblebees, beetles, lady bugs, strange sorts of flies, wasps, all busy tearing into the flowers and quite happy it ignore the fat human that was nosily peering into their business.
I only wish I could have gotten a photo of the HUMONGOUS black bumblebees that also worked over the tree. The whole blooming thing only lasts about a week so there is a lot of work to be done in a short span of time. Flowers this week, red ripe berries come Autumn, when the birds move in and do their thing.

Very happy it was bees and not a broken pipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment