Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Saturday, May 24, 2008

She LIVES!


YIPPY SKIPPY!

Praise Earth Mother! Yesterday I woke HEALTHY! (that is if you ignore the lingering cough and persistant wheeze)! Ok, maybe not healthy, but feeling much better.

Yesterday I drove to eastern Colorado to have a go Bonnie Lake State Park. The drive was long, but there were wild Pronghorn to be seen along the freeway. I didn't see any new birds, but I had a wonderful time chasing Warbling Vireos that refused to hold still for their portrature (&#%! vireos). But Red-headed Woodpeckers were far more cooperative.


Pretty boy (or girl?)


There were several death defying serpent adventures with harmless gopher snakes.


I molested loads of snakes at Bonnie Lake - BAD Claire!


Snakey was not amused


Black-tailed Prairie Dogs, found EVERYWHERE in Colorado

A nice thing about the Inn we're staying at, is they let me have a student's rate,which included all my meals. Add to that, the restaurant is British themed so you know I enjoyed me grub.


A bit o' Brit

All week our meals were buffet style, but tonight we were given Brit menus which included Bangers and Mash, Potato and Leek Soup, Fish & Chips. The waiter said everything on the menu was delicious. I told him if it was, then it wasn't really British. He was not amused. I had a Scottish chicken dish with mushrooms - again - too tasty for true Scot authenticity. During our last dinner at the Inn, Barb's many classmates recommended a drive out to Boulder Falls. So, after dinner tonight we drove out there.


It was a hecka long walk to the falls, considering how cranky my lungs were


Watching our steps


Boulder Falls

The big draw was there is a tendency for photos at the falls to show 'orbs', which are unseen by the naked eye, but show up as balls of light in photos. Back at the Inn, the consensus was the orbs are beings that are attracted to happy beings, and on the doubting Thomas side, the orbs are only reflection of light by dust particles. We didn't get any orbs in our photos at the falls - probably due to my unhappy wheezing? I'll post some orb photos later this summer. Here's the BONUS of staying at the Inn - all week I chatted with many of Barb's classmates, one of whom had very pretty locks. I was too chicken to ask questions, but Barbara was not (it is good to have friends who will question on your behalf). Anyway, we were told, what she wears are Sister Locks, a new type of hair 'locking', invented by a Californian lady. The locks are not quite braids, and what I like best is there are no extentions, just your own hair. Sooo... guess what I'm going to have done the second I get back to California?

3 comments:

  1. First I must say I love your trips I've mentioned to you before that I travel via the net; your camera is awesome.The stairway path to the falls, what a great design.Looks as if the rocks fell naturally in their positions.Secondly,my dear Claire you've forgotten that I have natural locks.They're not so easy to keep, visit the salon first before making that appt.especially the cost for initial visit as well as any after maintenance and or incompleted work, sometimes these extensions can take up to ten or more hours to put on. love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the locks update. You absolutely know more about it than I do, but.... too late Skippy! Got them put in last weekend. The lady who did them went over every last detail with me first. Photos of women with thin (girth & quantity) like me on day one, five weeks, six months, 9 months, a year... and on and on. Because it is all my own hair ONLY - right now I look like there are teeny checker boards on my scalp - that's the pity of dark hair on pale scalp. Oh well! Been wearing a scarf. If it looks ok in a year I'll be happy. If not... EEEEEK! : O

    Love you too Doris! Love chatting with you via the net - it's getting to me my natural habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoy it very much, thankyou.Good luck with your "Do", glad it wasnt an horrific exsperience, easy on the scarfs not to tight. Peace. Very sorry about Barbies loss.Scary!

    ReplyDelete