Featured Post

Lockrum Isle and Old Dubrovnik

The Croatian Flag flying on the battlements The mini-adventure on the Montenegro ferry was fun, so the following day we took another fer...

Saturday, March 31, 2007

WAH!

I've waited years for the camera of my dreams to finally materialize - a digital that takes photos as sharp as camera film does. Then when I found that camera, I waited for the lens-of-my-dreams to materialize - a lens for taking long distance shots of wildlife. The lens was finally invented & it has auto focus and image stabilizer to steady the shot because I prefer hand holding my camera for wildlife shots.

So last week my dream lens arrived and today I took it south to Mercy Hot Springs to try it out on Long-eared Owl photos. THE LENS REFUSES TO FOCUS AT ANYTHING OVER 250 MM And its a 100 - 400 zoom! So 90% of the photos I took are out of focus and I could just cry I'm so upset. Yes, I know there are more important things to be upset over in this world - we are at war - but damn it, I am so disappointed. The camera will be boxed up and UPS'd on Monday. I'll be going on my next two vacations with my old, non-image stabilizing 100-300 zoom lens.

Imagine if these owl photo had been in focus! The photo on top I took at less than 300mm and at that focal length I almost got the lens to focus, but the lower photo was taken at 400mm.

Doesn't this baby look like a Chupacabra?

No comments:

Post a Comment