Did you miss...?

Hula Returns to Sequim

Honored Elder & Dance Teacher, Mokihana Melendez on the right OMG! So excited that like last year, a Hawaiian group graced Sequim with i...

Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco Del Tartans

Stange start to the day; sat at my desk this morning, feeling very down after reading an email from Barbara about her Mom. Anyway, I was sitting at my desk trying to regain control of myself and I could hear the mournful durge of bagpipes wailing in the distance. WTF? I mean, today is Cinco Del Mayo so what was it with the sounds of Scotland? Decided I am losing my mind.

Still - the music continued so I looked out my office window and it was not my imagination. Downstairs, across the street at the motel were a half dozen men in kilts on walkabout, playing the pipes. Found out later there is a peace officers memorial of some sort going on at the Capital.